Sunday, March 17, 2013

Monte Cristo Fer De Lance - Deep Fried Maduro


Before smoking this cigar, I was told that it had a bold maduro taste which I seem to enjoy.  The cigar taste was bold, but I really could not pin it down to maduro.  So if it is maduro, then I would liken it to the difference between a baked potato and a french fry...if you try hard enough with a french fry you can detect the potato.  This cigar stays lit, draws well, burns evenly and has a relatively constant taste throughout the smoke.  Because it is well constructed and unique taste I will give it a..... 

Diamond E CS rank = 3.5

2 comments:

  1. Terrific review! I have not tried this vitola(and probably won't try it now) but my experience with MC Maduros has not been good and I agree with Diamond E's analogy 100%. MC has undoubtedly discovered the secret of how you make a Maduro not taste like a Maduro, so maybe they should call it the un-Maduro and pitch it to folks who don't like the taste of Maduros but want to say that they smoke Maduros to impress their friends. Me? I'd rather have a french fry.
    Mamey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes!!! I was reminded that I HAD smoked this puppy and actually had a box of 'em in the back corner of my humidor! I think I had tried to forget this one but, for the good of the saloon, I smoked one again last night, so now I can add to Diamond E's brilliant review that age does not make the se sticks any better.
    Mamey
    CS Score 3.0

    ReplyDelete