Monday, April 1, 2013

Davidoff Maduro (mini-robusto) "C" = RipMeOff Maduro"C"


My first venture with a Davidoff cigar was a bad experience.  This brand of cigar always intrigued me because it was touted as an exclusive (expensive) cigar with excellent taste.  I picked this small size as a test case because it was a maduro, which I seem to enjoy.

The chosen place of the test was sitting at an Elvis slot machine listening to some good music in a wrap around seat with speakers.  I purposefully inserted enough money in the slot machine to provide staying power, allowing me to sit back and smoke a great cigar and enjoy my free rum & coke while hitting the minimum bid button.  Although I was winning, this cigar acted as a kill joy.

At one time, I sat back and was looking at this thing, and an older gentleman walked by and said "those things taste like crap after a while don't they?"  I responded by saying "the good ones don't" and he asked, "is that a good one", I responded by saying"no", to which he stated "I can tell by the disgusted look on your face".

Burned ok for a third of it (all I could take), drew well, but the taste awful.


Diamond E CS rank = 1.0

5 comments:

  1. Diamond E has nailed this one dead-center. Davidoffs are some of the most over-rated and over-priced stogies on the market today. Their money seems to be spent on the promotion of the Davidoff lifestyle and not the quality of the cigars. The upshot is that that when you pay out the nose for one of these stiffs you're actually subsidizing their ridiculous marketing expenses.
    Mamey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who reviews these posts for grammer and spelling anyway? LOL, can I get a little help?

    Dimond E

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd smoke a davidoff if I could buy them for 2.50 a stick and I was desperate for a smoke and had not other option. Well...maybe not even then!

    I agree overpriced for a low quality cigar! I did smoke a Arturo Fuente reserve the other day that was great. A solid 4.0 IMO! See Mamey..I'm trying dude! I really am!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific! Speaking of Fuente, check out the Vitola 44 and the Queen B. Both sell for @ $7 bucks and put the $20 Davidripoffs to shame.
    Mamey

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad that Diamond E posted this. I was thinking about trying a Davripoff and now I will not piss away the $$. And, for sure, The King would not have been a fan

    El Alcalde

    ReplyDelete