Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Acid Kuba Kuba : The Black Hole of Cigars

In effort to promote cigar diversity in my humidor, I decided to go out on a limb and buy brands I have never tried before. I know now why no one has ever recommended an Acid before.

At first glance the cigar looks like a normal cigar, except for the lame shiny metallic blue band it wore. Can't judge a book by it's cover, unless it says Acid.

Normally after I cut a cigar I take one drag through it unlit, to see what flavors I can pick up right off the bat. The second the cigar hit my lips I immediately had this disgusting syrupy sensation that seemed to jump off the cigar and spread in my mouth. The Acid line are all "flavored" cigars, and thus are treated with some sort of food tasting chemical. Though I heard from some sources this same formula was first developed as a chemical weapon for trench warfare in WWI.

Though I immediately had the urge to vomit I decided to stick it through. After the light, I made it maybe 4 puffs more before I couldn't take it anymore. This syrupy flavoring was stuck all over my mouth, teeth, tounge, lips, and gums. I'm confident the next time I see my dentist, he will comment on it. The cigar is that awful.

After the cigar, I needed some way to boost my spirits. After washing my mouth out thoroughly I grabbed a My Father Reloba "Mexican" to try. And while I was excited to try what I knew would be a good cigar, my excitement was immediately demolished by the fact that the syrup was still in my mouth even after having washed my mouth out. NOT ONLY did this cigar suck, but it RUINED my ability to enjoy other good cigars.

CS Score: NEGATIVE F***ING INFINITY

The Oil Baron

8 comments:

  1. Witty review, but it left me confused--how did you really feel about the Acid?
    I've not smoked this stogie nort talked to anyone who recommended it. Nevertheless, from your review it sounds like the manufacturer certainly can't be faulted for making a cigar worthy of its name.
    Mamey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for being the brave soul to try one of these. Many times I have wondered what Acid cigars are all about, now I don't need to give them a second thought. Based on your description, TOB, I wonder if it is possible to concoct the psychological profile of Acid fans. Agree with Mamey -- the NAME was more than sufficient warning. Imagine coming out with a cigar called Horseshit; Crap; Beef Jerky (CS=1); Vomitose.

    Was it Maple Syrup?

    El Alcalde

    ReplyDelete
  3. On second thought...I may have been too quick in giving these yahoos props for getting the name right. How about Acid Kaca Kaca or Acid Krap Krap?
    Mamey

    ReplyDelete
  4. For the syrupy flavor, imagine the acuteness of earway, with that unpleasant sensation you get from a metallic flavor, except actually overy overyl sweet. And one that coats your mouth, and then spreads everyone like the armys of genghis khan. That's the syrupy flavor, not like maple syrup.

    Oil Baron

    ReplyDelete
  5. TOB's description pit me right there. I imagine licking the inside of an almost empty can of pears that has been left out in the sun for almost a month. Except the Acid Krap Krap tastes worse.

    El Alcalde

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never seen anyone smoke one of these puppies. Then again, I've never seen anyone wearing Crocs at a cigar lounge, either, so what do I know?. They're made by Drew Estate and assume that someone's buying them, maybe those zany LaRouche zealots. I'd like to hear from a satisfied Acid smoker to get their point of view, so I'll check around and do some recon.
    Mamey

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perhaps we can commission an all-world Cigar Saloon survey at the Tampa Cigar Festival.

    El Alcalde

    ReplyDelete