Sunday, December 11, 2011

The Gurkha Assassin: A Killer Review


I have smoked several cigars from the Gurkha suite and all have been fine sticks that I would proudly recommend. The Gurkha Assassin is no different. The GA is full-bodied just as I like and is quite flavorful and smooth, but not as smooth as the Perdomo Lot 23.

Okay, I will use some of the less masculine descriptions: the GA is a bit nutty but not chocolatey and there is a hint of coffee in the taste, particularly toward the middle of the cigar. The drag is excellent -- a very important feature.

In this case, the GA was paired by a hearty glass of Ron Matusalem Clasico, a kick-ass gift I received from Joe Chicago; a/k/a Chicago Joe; a/k/a Mojoe; a/k/a Pepe.

CS Rating 3.5

El Alcalde

3 comments:

  1. I think this cigar is made for Gurkha by the Rodriguez brothers' Don Leoncio cigar factory in the DR. I just visited with them in NOLA and they told me that they draw tested every single cigar, even showing me a photo of their state of the art draw test machine. Sure enough, I've never had a draw or burn issue with any of their cigars. These guys make a consistently good cigar at a super reasonable price.--Mamey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting you say that because the the draw and burn is what I really like about the Gurkha -- ever try the Ninja?

    El Alcalde

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gurkhas are very inconsistent. Some are terrific. Others are pretty bad. It all depends on who makes them. I have not tried the Ninja, but had another Park Avenue yesterday and threw it out a third of the way through and switched to an old releable PDR. For the most part I say keep the boxes and chunk the stogies. Mamey

    ReplyDelete