Thursday, December 1, 2011

Perdomo Lot 23 ... A Lot to Like

Nick Perdomo hit a home run with this cigar that was named after a plot of land in Esteli, Nicaragua ... the plot was simply referred to us as Lot 23. Not a genuine puro due the wonderful Connecticut wrapper, the Belicoso (retails for about five bucks) is consistently smooth and creamy. It paired extremely well with Ron Zacapa on a breezy cool evening enveloped with jasmine in bloom. Lot 23 never turned harsh, it burned evenly, and it furnished plenty of good smoke.

CS Rating: a solid 4
El Alcalde

3 comments:

  1. I've not yet tried the Lot 23, but recently smoked the Perdomo Champagne and there was a lot to like--great burn, drag, and a rich, flavorful taste. Mamey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will soon be on the hunt for another Lot.
    El Alcalde

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yesterday was Perdomo Day for me--old business that I needed to take care of before the year expired. I tried the Lot 23 and was not surprised that it burned evenly and had a terrific drag, given that Perdomo draw tests every cigar that they sell. These guys know what quality control is all about. The taste is full flavored, Nicaraguan style,and is good, but not great. However, at $4.50/stick, I didn't expect a Padilla 1932. A fairer hand-to-hand combat would be with the Padron 2000 or 3000. It's a good, close fight, but I've gotta go with Padron on this one. Still, not a bad smoke.--Mamey
    CS Rating 3.5
    The second Perdomo of the day was the Patriarch Lancero, which has a beautiful Connecticut wrapper and Nicaraguan filler. This was about $6 bucks. Again, the burn and the draw were pitch-perfect. The cigar started a little harsh, which surprised me, but got smoother as I went along. I would compare this to the PDR Exclusivo, Padilla Hybrid, MOW Virtue, and San Lotano Connecticut and, while good, does not break into the Fab Four. The Champagne is still my favorite Perdomo.--Mamey
    CS Rating 3.0

    ReplyDelete