Tuesday, December 27, 2011

THE MACANUDO CAFE PRINCE PHILIP CONNECTICUT IS NOT EXACTLY GOOD

This was a gift that I smoked on Christmas Day. I only wish that I could have enjoyed it more. It has a Conecticut wrapper, Dominican filler, and San Andres binder, which I thought would make an interesting blend. Maybe it does, but I will have to wait for another cigar to be able to tell you. Why? Well, the drag was very tight, which is a real downer in my book, even though it burned evenly. The precious little smoke that actually made it to my lips was mild and flavorful, which made it a real shame that it wasn't rolled better. From what I could tell, the cigar attempts to deliver a classic Dominican smoke with some added flavor from the San Andres wrapper. I can't imagine why these guys don't invest in a quality drag testing machine with all of the cigars they sell.



Alas, this may be just another case of a cigar label living off of the good name it earned from its previous owners. This is not your grandfather's Macanudo--only a distant cousin trading on Big Mac's good name. If this is your taste profile, you and your wallet will be better served with a PDR Exclusivo, MOW Virtue, San Lotano Connecticut, or a Padilla Hybrid.--Mamey
CS Rating-2.5

No comments:

Post a Comment