Monday, October 29, 2012

Padron Churchill Maduro

This earthy tasting cigar was smooth, burned evenly , drew well, and never had to be re-lit.  I have recently smoked this cigar several times with the same pleasant experience and along with the Punch Rare Corojo has become a standard to which I measure cigars.

Diamond E CS Rating = 4.0

Continue (Bonus Review)

This rating is for the MADURO.  I do not enjoy the naturals!  The naturals have a bit of spice to them and the wrapper masks the good tobacco inside.  I smoked the P2000s (natural & maduro) back to back and what a difference!  They both burn well, draw well and stay lit, but the taste is totally different.  The maduros are earthy with a flavor that promotes relaxation, not spicy that promotes the desire to spit.

3 comments:

  1. I agree that the PCM is a terrific smoke and much better than the Natural. The Mexican maduro wrapper from San Andres makes all the difference. Padrón claims that both are Nicaraguan puros but has yet to explain what he does with the metric frackton of Mexican maduro tobacco it buys. I don't know, maybe he's using it for firewood to ward off those brutal Nicaraguan winters. Another explanation could be that Padron is using it to make Fumas for his rollers. And yet another possibility is that he's hoarding and aging Mexican wrapper to blend in the Padron 100th Anniversary Cigar set to debut at the 2064 Tampa Cigar Festival. Take your pick.
    I do hate to pick a nit with Diamond E, but I don't find the Natural all that spicy, just not very good. The Maduro is the way to go.--Mamey
    CS Rating-4.0

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you consider the term peppery? There is something there, maybe I am just describing it correctly.

    Diamond E

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one has me intrigued and I will search it out and opine. In the meantime, I would be very interested in having Mamey post a "Wrappers for Dummies" piece. Mamey knows a lot.

    El Alcalde

    ReplyDelete