Sunday, September 25, 2011

Don Pepin Garcia - Cuban Classic

This cigar was chosen because of the praise given to it by Mamey.

The cigar is rich in flavor, it has some sweetness and a touch of spice (mostly in the beginning) and some eathiness. As I first smoked it reminded me of other cigars, good but not really special, but as I continued the cigar kept bringing a richness of flavor that separated it from the others. In some ways it reminded me of the HdM - Excalibur Epicure, but because of it fullness of flavor it began pulling away.

The cigar had an average drag, but it did not burn very evenly and then the wrapper started to do a little cracking and slight unravelling. In addition, the cigar had to be re-lit, which I was happy to do. It was worth it. Maybe the cigar was not stored correctly which caused some of the extra attention, but regardess it took away from the experience.

That being the case, the cigar in terms of flavor is wonderful and subsequently earned a

Diamond E CS Score = 4.0

2 comments:

  1. I've had several of these and Diamond E's review is very fair, except for the comparison with the HdM. The CC is sweeter and full-bodied. I've never had a drag or burn issue with these, so I agree that DE needs to have a visit with a negligent tobacconist. All in all, a CS score of 4 is very reasonable.--Mamey

    ReplyDelete