Friday, September 9, 2011

Punch - Rare Corojo

This is becoming one of my go-to cigars (I used it to chase away the skanky RP-Prodigy Torpedo taste). It is just a great cigar, burns well, no re-lighting and burns fairly evenly. It has a slight peppery taste, but never over powering.

I tend to buy Robusto size cigars, but with this one, that I will start buying a larger size. It seems to burn rather quickly or myabe just time flies by because of the enjoyment, but I'm bummed each time when I come to the end of the cigar. Speaking of the end, this is the only part of the cigar I don't like as the flavor tends to get harsh. Other wise, great cigar.

One last point, the RARE Corojo seems to only be released once per year, I am guessing that where it gets its name from.

Diamond E CS Score = 4

5 comments:

  1. I have tried, but not officially reviewed, the Punch RC. It is a real good smoke and I liked the description that you used about being bummed out as you neared the finish. That only happens with CS 4 or higher. I may have one in humidor.

    El A

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was able to acquire one of these at a discount price at the Finck's outlet shop in San Antonio and, what the heck, gave it a shot. It is good burning cigar that draws well and produces lots of smoke. The flavor is toasty and earthy, But not sweet, similar in many ways to the macho Camacho, though not as strong. It's not cheap so, if price is a consideration, buy 2 of Rolando Reyes' Puros Indios or Cuba Aliados instead. However, if you're lusting for a square-pressed stogie and price is no object, enjoy a PadrĂ³n instead.--Mamey
    CS Rating 3.0

    ReplyDelete
  3. How much did you pay? I have not spent over $5. I am also curious, was yours square?

    Diamond E

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy this cigar! My only issue with this one was the draw on it early on! It made me WORK! The draw got easier though and it ended very well. It has a great taste which to me got better as it smoked! It is a great go to cigar at the pub I hang out at if I didnt bring my own! GMTARONDOR

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forgot my rating on this one!!!

    Solid 3!!!

    ReplyDelete