Sunday, August 21, 2011

La Libertad and Gurkha Viper

I recently smoked these two cigars and:


Libertad - This one was purchased on a whim, each time I go to a cigar shop I pick up a cigar, and the shop seemed relatively expensive, but this cigar was rather inexpensive. It tasted fine and would have given it a CS rating of 2, but the cigar began to unraveling and burned unevenly so the inexpensive cigar turned out to be a cheap one also. The name rocks but had to give it a CS Score = 1.5



Gurkha Viper, I was giving this one a second chnace, the cigar is well constructed, but just don't care for the taste, not peppery, but just don't like it. My CS Score is a 1.



I would not buy either cigar, then wondered if I would smoke it if it were given to me for free and thought that I would rather enjoy the company with a Diet Coke.



Diamond E

5 comments:

  1. Neve heard of Libertad but will steer away from it based on your CS 1 Rating. Will see if I still have a Viper to comapre thoughts with you.

    El A

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not tried this particular Gurkha, but recently smoked the Centurian and it was a revelation. It's getting harder and harder to judge cigars by the label. Unlike Padrons, which are consistently good regardless of price, companies seem to be following the Fuente model, making a few good cigars and a lot of overpriced caca. Mamey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will need to give it another chance, I hate given cigar ratings of 1.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All in all, the most notable feature of the Gurkha's is the beautiful box which, unfortunately, you can't smoke. If they put as much time and money into their cigars as they do on their boxes, these would be all-world. Of course, you can always use them like Bill Clinton did with Monica Lewinsky, not that Monica knew the difference.--Mamey

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was reading some of your content on this website and I conceive this internet site is really informative ! Keep on putting up. buy backwoods cigars in Canada

    ReplyDelete