Friday, August 26, 2011

More on Hoyo de Monterrey Excalibur - Prensado Oscuro III


Danno's review was spot on for the first half of the HdM O3. The cigar was bland and it was difficult to decipher its taste. A bit insipid. But patience paid off because I found myself enjoying it increasingly more as the smoke wore on. Diamond E may have been in the perfect frame of mind to enjoy the O3 and consequently gave it a CS 5. The cigar is good and I see how it would pair well with an espresso at five in the afternoon. But it is not a 5. And it is certainly not a 1.5. I did purchase two so will re-rate once I try with an espresso. The cigar did burn well, and was very puffable.

CS Rating: 3

El Alcalde

3 comments:

  1. That is it, you smoked the right cigar, you and Danno have nailed it. It does build a bit, to that perfect smooth taste that last till the end. So easy, it burns nice, doesn't fight you, it is definitely a "chilling" cigar for when you have had a long week or day. I found myself totally relaxed with it, like an old friend. It could use a bit more flavor, but compared to most of the cigars I smoked, this one up there.
    Diamond E

    ReplyDelete
  2. HdM Reloaded. This is a mild, toasty cigar that burns well and emits abundant smoke, but I prefer sweet, flavorful cigars, so it's not my cup of expresso. Maybe would work if this is your cigar flavor profile of choice and you're playing a round of golf. However, I woul prefer a Man O' War Virtue or a Padilla Hybrid for a distracted smoke.--Mamey
    CS Rating: a solid 2.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The good thing about these reviews is we are getting to know each other's preferences. It kind of highlights the greatness of the 1926
    Diamond E

    ReplyDelete